"I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become."
Both my professional and personal experiences have created an insight as to how incredibly resilient people are. In my own life, I have overcome numerous obstacles and have faced challenging circumstances, including my own personal struggle with mental health, where I had to build upon my own internal resources to persevere. I believe we are all endowed with the innate capacity to heal from emotional difficulties and that such challenges can provide opportunities for self-awareness, personal growth, and empowerment.
I am an integrative psychotherapist and an advanced level EMDR practitioner, holding a Master's Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counselling from the University of Central Florida, which is ranked as a top ten graduate programme for counselling and psychotherapy in the United States. (For additional information about my clinical training, please visit https://ccie.ucf.edu/counselored/
For the past 15 years, my work has been dedicated to helping my clients heal and grow from issues related to the past so that they can live more fulfilling lives in the present. I have worked with a vast range of individuals including teens, adults, and families on their journeys of growth and self-discovery. In addition, I have worked extensively with military veterans, police officers, and first responders, giving me a deep understanding of the stressors unique to the these communities.
I have extensive training and experience in the assessment and treatment of a range of psychological disorders, with a particular focus on complex trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder, mood disorders, problems caused by adverse childhood experiences including low self esteem, relationship difficulties, and emotional dysregulation.
I am committed to professional excellence and further education, regularly participating in trainings, workshops, and other learning opportunities to advance my clinical skills and stay current with research and scientific advances in the field.Education
- M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling; University of Central Florida, United States
- Graduate Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy; University of Central Florida, United States
- B.A. in Sociology and Psychology; Queens College, City University of New York, United States
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (Parts 1-3); Richman EMDR Training, London
- EMDR: Release the Magic: Working with Attachment; Mark Brayne, MA, London
- Ego State Therapy; Robin Shapiro, L-CSW; London
- Individual Schema Therapy Certification; Schema Institute, London
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Skills Training (Level 1); Linehan Institute, United States
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; Canterbury Christ Church University, Canterbury
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
- EMDR Association UK & Ireland
- EMDR International Association
- International Society of Schema Therapy
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation
- Somatic Psychology as Integrated into Evidence Based Trauma Treatment; Arielle Schwartz, Ph.D.
- Pain, Parts, Illness and Identity: Somatic Psychology and EMDR Therapy for Chronic Pain and Illness; Arielle Schwartz, Ph.D.
- Understanding and Treating Shame in Addiction; Darlene Lancer, LMFT
- Calming the Inner Critic: Working with Punitive Introjects, Ego States and Dissociative Parts in Trauma; Kathy Steele, MN, CS
- Rewiring the Addicted Brain: An EMDR-Based Treatment Model for Overcoming Addictive Disorders; Laurel Parnell, Ph.D.
- Working with Relational Trauma: Dealign with Disorganised Attachment; Caroline Spring, Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors
- Trauma and the Body: Dissociation and Somatisation; Caroline Spring, Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors
- Healing Dissociation with EMDR Therapy: A Practical Workshop; Jamie Marich, Ph.D.
- EMDR with Military Veterans & Uniformed Services; Matt Wesson
- Healing the Heart of Complex Trauma and Dissociation with EMDR and Ego State Therapy; Carol Forgash, LCSW
- EMDR: Feeling State Addiction Protocol; Robert Miller, Ph.D.
- Dealing with Distress: Working with Self-harm and Suicide; Caroline Spring, Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice; Caroline Spring, Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors
- EMDR Therapy & Mindfulness for Trauma-Focused Care; Jamie Marich, Ph.D.
- Attachment-Focused EMDR: Healing Developmental Deficits and Adults Abused as Children; Laurel Parnell, PhD.
- Cognitive Processing Therapy for Trauma and PTSD; Lucia Hall, MSc.
- Memory Focused Approaches in Cognitive Therapy for PTSD, Nick Grey, Ph.D.
- Compassion Focused Therapy for Depression; Chris Irons, Ph.D.
- Trauma, Dissociation, and Recovery; Caroline Spring, Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors
- Making Trauma Therapy Safer: The Psychophysiology of Trauma and PTSD; Babeth Rothchild, LCSW
- Emotional Regulation & Crisis Survival Skills: Integrating DBT Skills into Clinical Practice; Marsha Linehan, Ph.D.