"It’s the relationship that heals."
Bearing witness to another’s lived experience is extremely powerful. My objective is to provide an emotionally safe, transparent, and non-judgmental environment where you may explore your issues. I am committed to working alongside my clients and guiding them towards understanding, integration, and wholeness, while creating a strong therapeutic relationship that is grounded in compassion, honesty, and trust that is essential to the healing process.
I view psychotherapy as an individualised and collaborative processes, recognising each individual as unique with their own challenges and life experiences. My practice is informed from an integrative approach drawing upon theoretical modalities and orientations where I have received extensive training including Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Schema Therapy, Ego State Therapy, and somatic psychology.
The foundation of my approach includes:
- Respect for each person's inner wisdom and innate healing capacities.
- Working within the present moment and experience.
- Increasing self-awareness and understanding of one’s thoughts, emotions and behaviours.
- Learning to tolerate difficult emotions and develop self-regulation (ability to be calm and grounded).
- Processing experiences to strengthen positive and new experiences of the self and others.
- Utilising the therapeutic relationship as a means of developing secure attachment experience.
- Discovering one's experience, including those parts of the self that may be unrecognised, unspoken, and unlived.
- Developing resilience and empowerment to promote positive change in one's life.