"It’s the relationship that heals."
Bearing witness to another’s lived experience is extremely powerful. My objective is to provide an emotionally safe, transparent, and non-judgmental environment where you may explore your issues. I am committed to working alongside my clients and guiding them towards understanding, integration, and wholeness, while creating a strong therapeutic relationship that is grounded in compassion, honesty, and trust that is essential to the healing process.
My practice is informed from an integrative approach drawing upon a wide range of theories and modalities where I have received extensive training including Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Schema Therapy, Ego State Therapy, and somatic psychology.
I view psychotherapy as an individualised and collaborative processes, recognising each individual as unique with their own challenges and experiences.
The foundation of my approach includes:
- Respect for each person's inner wisdom and innate healing capacities.
- Working within the present moment and experience.
- Developing self-awareness and understanding of how our experiences influence our thoughts, beliefs, emotions, and behaviours.
- Understanding how trauma impacts the body, mind, and behaviour.
- Learning to tolerate difficult emotions and develop self-regulation (ability to be calm and grounded).
- Processing experiences to strengthen positive and new experiences of the self and others.
- Utilising the therapeutic relationship as a means of developing secure attachment experience.
- Discovering one's experience, including those parts of the self that may be unrecognised, unspoken, and unlived.
- Developing resilience and empowerment to promote positive change in one's life.
I am invested in each individual's journey toward authenticity and wholeness, offering the guidance and support needed to move in this direction.