"It’s the relationship that heals."
Bearing witness to another’s lived experience is extremely powerful. My objective is to provide an emotionally safe, transparent, and non-judgmental environment where you may explore your issues. I am committed to working alongside my clients and guiding them towards understanding, integration, and wholeness, while creating a strong therapeutic relationship that is grounded in compassion, honesty, and trust that is essential to the healing process.
Integrative psychotherapy goes beyond foundational skills to empower you to move past awareness and symptom management to true healing. As a one-size-fits-all approach does not apply to the complexity of human behaviour, I draw from a wide range of theories and modalities based on the needs of the individual and the nature of the presenting problem including Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Schema Therapy, and somatic psychology.
The foundation of my approach is trauma informed and grounded within the following principles:
- Respect for each person's inner wisdom and innate healing capacities.
- Working within the present moment and experience.
- Developing self-awareness and understanding of how our experiences influence our thoughts, beliefs, emotions, and behaviours.
- Understanding how trauma impacts the body, mind, and behaviour.
- Learning to tolerate difficult emotions and develop self-regulation (ability to be calm and grounded).
- Processing experiences to strengthen positive and new experiences of the self and others.
- Utilising the therapeutic relationship as a means of developing secure attachment experience.
- Discovering one's experience, including those parts of the self that may be unrecognised, unspoken, and unlived.
- Developing resilience and empowerment to promote positive change in one's life.
I am invested in each individual's journey toward authenticity and wholeness, offering the guidance and support needed to move in this direction.